Monday, August 18, 2008

tyler | class.of.'09!

Who said Senior pictures had to be cheesy and posed?! I mean seriously! Do you naturally just sit down on the ground with your letter jacket on with your awards and trophies surrounding you? NO! No one does that, but for some reason it's just one of those things you feel like you have to do and check-off of your list during your senior year of high school (sorry if I offended anyone, but I TOO have that senior photo with my awards surrounding me so I felt like I could make fun of it...yuk!). ha. I like to try and capture real expressions, natural reactions, and comfortable body positions in your own environment. That way, you still get to incorporate some of your passions/activities into your photos, but hopefully it's not something you'll look at just 5 years from now and think that the shots were taken in the 80s!

I have to thank Tyler's mom, because she too has these feelings. In fact, she's very creative and came up with several different looks that she was going for. Tyler is a football player, a drummer, a dog lover and a nature lover, so my goal was to have that show through in the photos! We also had the help of his girlfriend, Kristen, who came to the shoot and helped get some good reactions out of Tyler!

Here's the star of the show, Tyler; senior at Mooresville High School!


I give Tammy all of the credit for envisioning Tyler's drums setup on the top of a grassy hill! I love this look!


Quite possibly my favorite from the day...





The lighting on the top of the hill was awesome...



We had a beautiful blue sky to work with:



Meet Tyler's dog, Lobo...

Lobo wanted his own portrait taken:)


At the end I snapped a few with Kristen too!


Tyler and Tammy, I had a blast with you guys. Best of luck, Tyler, as you complete this chapter of your life. I'll keep an eye on the Mooresville football team this season since I now know you AND Nick! (and Kristen too since she's a cheerleader)! Enjoy your slideshow...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jamie,
Those are amazing! Fantastic job! His mom should be so proud! I love how you did the whole set up of his favorite things!
Kellie

Anonymous said...

Great job--I love the wide shot under the goal post! Too bad I didn't know there were photographers like you when I had my senior pics taken (nevermind how long ago that was :) )!

jamie sangar said...

Thanks for the compliments, ladies!

Kelli said...

Love how they brought in the drums...very cool! Great Senior pictures...they definitely won't be embarrassing! Oh and thank you for letting us in on that Colbie Caillat song from the Olympics soundtrack. It's been on repeat on my ipod since yesterday!

jikam82 said...

Ha! We call Lebowski Lobo for short sometime! ;)
Great Pics Jamie!